Photo

ECU reflash (chip tuning) for 7th gen (CL9) and 8th gen (CU2)

• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#41 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Vozilo:Accord CL9

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:04

Iz mog iskustva, najbolja mehanička modifikacija je sportska grana (serijska je tolko restriktivna za poludit), tu je dobro dodat i dobar usis zraka, zatim drugi final drive(s CTR-a EP2 ili još bolje od FN2 -taj je još kraći) i to u kombinaciji s vrhunskim reflashom mora dat odlične rezultate...

Heres my experience of modding of more than 30 cars :

as from the poweracceleration point of view , the most effective mods are :

1. Tunereflash. Engine will be always in vtec mode while accelerating and gearing, even on a stock crippled tranny.

2. Tranny mod for MT users. 2nd gear in this tranny is a complete disaster. First thing to do - swap 2-5 gears for CTR close ratio ones , ep3 , euro-r , fn2 and so on. Second thing - swap FD to ep3 , euro-r , they have 4.7 , stock tranny has 4.3 longer one. We tried fn2 5.06 and found it funny to race but too short for daily driven car, highway rpms is rather high with it on 6th gear and you need to change gears often. Not that simple and cheap mod, require also dash speedo corector but outcome is whopping !

3. Headers and stock cat converter removal ( for lpg cars, they have clean exhaust ) or high flow cat for petrol cars ( petrol fumes smells really bad ) This will net up to 20-22hp on the vtec, also bumps fuel economy.

Heres example of my 4-2-1 one . http://honda.org.ua/...bout105886.html , full stainless steel, laser cut flanges , seamless 2mm tubes, any size of outlet , any flange design and so on, stock flange design by default to set stock cat for smog inspection ( if needed ) This famous Toda header was used as prototype. http://www.toda-raci...i/k24a-cl9.html

4. I dont recommend to waste money on CAI like AEM, Injen and so on but rather mod stock intake box by removing resonator, swap filter for cotton one and isolate fender inner area from underhood to keep intake air as much cold as possible. Other important mod is isolation all intake tract from heatsoaking, i described it above on the first page. It will let your engine breathe more freely, bump respond, power and also fuel efficience.

To make pedal respond even better and bump off the line + low to mid performance i recommend to upgrade throttle body and intake pipe. Their stock size isnt perfect for this engine. Heres a set of parts for this http://honda.org.ua/...bout106019.html

The most complicated mod is tranny , all others are simple bolt ons and any1 can do this in his garage.

Any questions - ask !

Edited by littlebo, 31 October 2013 - 12:08.

#42 dar-mar

dar-mar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Vozilo:Accord CU2 AT EXE 2008

Posted 31 October 2013 - 13:54

I agree with everything...you ve mentioned the speedo corrector...where can you get one or make one? Without one, I ve heard that Accord 2.4 can reach 260 kmh tacho reading:)

#43 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 14:35

I agree with everything...you ve mentioned the speedo corrector...where can you get one or make one? Without one, I ve heard that Accord 2.4 can reach 260 kmh tacho reading:)

Nah , it will work just fine without corrector but with about 5% error. You can use http://www.k-tuned.c...-and-converter/ or http://www.dakotadig...prod/prd126.htm if you have some extra bucks to burn ))

20 min ago i had a call from my customer who recently installed the upgraded tranny. "holy shit" "gad damn" and "wow" occupied about 50% of his speech )) He tried it on his regular piece of road and was able to accelerate to 230+ kph while on the stock tranny he was able to do ony 190+ before he had to start braking.

#44 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 16:41

Customer finally got well plotted dyno so you dont need to break eyes to see the difference. sHark has a very nice butt dyno, max gains @ 5.8-6k are exactly as he said. 30Hp and around 30Nm. Dude, congrats, you can open your butt dyno station, jump in da car, few runs , write a result on the paper and its done !

Attached Thumbnails

• 3iquebdt.jpg

#45 cagliostro13

cagliostro13

Boost Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts
  • Vozilo:del sol + ATS Milano Red

Posted 31 October 2013 - 20:56

once again, 24hours past from reflash and I'm still amazed..this reflash is real magic!!!
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.njuskalo....agliostro13</a>

#46 sHark

sHark

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Vozilo:Accord Type S '03., Prelude BB1 '93., Civic 1300 SL '81., Toyota Corolla E12 TS '05., Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE '80.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:33

So it's been 3 days from reflash. FIrst evening I did the learning part, drove around for a while, and let it sit through the night. The morning was easy driving to work, and the rest of the day I was in hospital. Yesterday I got home, normal driving, but experienced that start from stop was much smoother, the pedal response is beautiful, reving is fast and accurate...then I let it sit for the afternoon. In the evening I started it, let it warm up, and went to my test road to see how it does....The beast came out so quickly, I was strtled to see how it runs, how it accelerates - the power is constantly rising, glueing my back to the seat, even felt affraid in a few short sequences of kicking the vtec point....beautiful feeling of brutal power from this big engine!!! I am still dazzled with fierce strength I get from it when I floor the pedal...an instant jolt of force...and the sound from the (almost stock-no resonator) intake is roaring!!! Almost like it's tearing the road beneath the wheels and shredding it to rubble... :-) T H I S I S A W E S O M E ! ! ! !
Nakon CRX-a više ništa nije bilo isto...

#47 jorukavi

jorukavi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Vozilo:accord

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:06

Shark. Vas dvojica ko da ste prodajni predstavnici. ;) negativosti?

#48 cagliostro13

cagliostro13

Boost Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:46

Shark. Vas dvojica ko da ste prodajni predstavnici. ;) negativosti?

za sada nema nikakvih..auto ima puno bolji odziv na gas, bolje vuche iz niskih okretaja, bolje se chuje i neusporedivo bolje ide..zadnja dva dana ga bash silujem full, pokazuje mi 13,2 potroshnju..
ja sam definitivno prezadovoljan..prije uopche nisam imo volje stiskat auto jer, ruku na srce, nishta se spektakularno nije dogadjalo kad bi ga prichepio do kraja..a sada, ne mogu se prestat cerit svaki put kad ga natjeram u crveno..
nevjerojatno da je to isti auto, isti motor..drugi tjedan, tam chetvrtak il petak bi se mogli nach negdje, svi zainteresirani i nevjerni tome da vide o chemu se radi :)

#49 mofo

mofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Vozilo:Honda Accord type-s

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:28

za sada nema nikakvih..auto ima puno bolji odziv na gas, bolje vuche iz niskih okretaja, bolje se chuje i neusporedivo bolje ide..zadnja dva dana ga bash silujem full, pokazuje mi 13,2 potroshnju..
ja sam definitivno prezadovoljan..prije uopche nisam imo volje stiskat auto jer, ruku na srce, nishta se spektakularno nije dogadjalo kad bi ga prichepio do kraja..a sada, ne mogu se prestat cerit svaki put kad ga natjeram u crveno..
nevjerojatno da je to isti auto, isti motor..drugi tjedan, tam chetvrtak il petak bi se mogli nach negdje, svi zainteresirani i nevjerni tome da vide o chemu se radi :)

jel moze kakav video ubrzanja ;)

#50 cagliostro13

cagliostro13

Boost Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:44

bit che, bit che, ubzo :Laie_68:

#51 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50

;) negativosti?

Raspali se motori 3 times in 2 days LOL )) Other than that - no problems.

And few info for ppl who cares bout fuel economy . You need to pay to play, i cant revert physics with firmware. Pedal in the floor mode and the vtec is kicked in YO is about 14 for MT cars and 16 for AT . But if this newly born Accord racers will be able to somehow push themselves back to regular driving habits ( revving below 3.5k ) they can notice slightly better fuel economy. Avg drop is about 0.7-0.8 liters for regular driving mode, thats what i noticed during final road testing b4 release. This is caused by optimized fuel map and because of engine responds better in the low end and you dont need to push pedal that hard and to rev it high to have same amount of power and acceleration like before reflash.

I think its better to ask guys to let you try it on the road or compete with reflashed car side by side , roll on , off the line . Anyone who owns a CTR also can be surprized to see CL9 tail lights. Despite bad tranny gear ratios , K24 torque an power is unbeatable.

#52 cagliostro13

cagliostro13

Boost Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:57

Raspali se motori 3 times in 2 days LOL )) Other than that - no problems.

And few info for ppl who cares bout fuel economy . You need to pay to play, i cant revert physics with firmware. Pedal in the floor mode and the vtec is kicked in YO is about 14 for MT cars and 16 for AT . But if this newly born Accord racers will be able to somehow push themselves back to regular driving habits ( revving below 3.5k ) they can notice slightly better fuel economy. Avg drop is about 0.7-0.8 liters for regular driving mode, thats what i noticed during final road testing b4 release. This is caused by optimized fuel map and because of engine responds better in the low end and you dont need to push pedal that hard and to rev it high to have same amount of power and acceleration like before reflash.

I think its better to ask guys to let you try it on the road or compete with reflashed car side by side , roll on , off the line . Anyone who owns a CTR also can be surprized to see CL9 tail lights. Despite bad tranny gear ratios , K24 torque an power is unbeatable.

next week I will take few clips with standard typeS... and everybody interested can come next week to see for them self what reflashed K24 can do..and for those who are too far away, movies will be uploaded..
Sergei, once again, you are real magician :notworthy:

#53 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:48

Hey, thats not my glory, maybe a small bit of it )) It was someones funny joke at Honda to put a type-r grade engine into civil car and then someones bad joke to factory tune it like you guys have it in stock form.

Anyone saw and measured that stock Accord header ?? Gad damn, exhaust port is 47x43 mm and header has 38mm tube with iternal dia 35mm + welding step right on the flange. It cant breathe ! Tons of mechanical piston work comes just to push ex gas through those tiny tubes and restrictive cat converter instead of blasting your face with an acceleration smile ) Wanna know how much ?? About 1.5 liters of petrol. Stock car with reflash, intake mod and header consumes up to 2 liters less. My stock AT car had avg consumption about 13 liters, now a rarely see 10 ) This K Honda head is one of the best breathing heads in the world been equipped with one of the bad breathing headers. HOW COULD THEY BUILD IT SOOOO PURELY ??

We had a honda day this year, they advertised new models and i was able to catch Honda of UKR rep guy and testdrive him in my car.

Slowly raised revs to 5k, then pushed da pedal and !!!
Posted Image

He never tried such Accord and it was funny to see how he started to find something to hold on :crazy:

Btw, heres my engine, i goofed with handbrake at the start and hit a limiter but anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pr-YPMrkJE

#54 dux_zg

dux_zg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Vozilo:Honda Accord 05' Type S + LPG

Posted 01 November 2013 - 13:24

Predlažem da se zainteresirani iz Zagreba i okolice okupe na Accord 7.gen meet-u. Cagliostro kaže da mu paše četvrtak ili petak poslije 18 h. Mjesto može biti standardno City Centar East, a i neka druga adresa dolazi u obzir. Ajmo stavite se ovdje na popis tko bi volio doći vidjeti tako da vidimo jel nas ima više od barem trojce :). Cagli ti probaj što prije saznat koji dan ti paše da se zainteresirani znaju organizirati,
1. dux
Yeah, the mo' dedicated the mo' medicated Can you feel me?

#55 cagliostro13

cagliostro13

Boost Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 14:41

mozhe, do pon chu znat svakako pa javim onda u pon navecher..za mjesto mi svejedno, mozhe i city centar east.. Sergei, you have built your own header, right? where did you get the measures? do you know something about those cheap ebay headers? are the any good? they are pretty cheap.. something like this: http://www.ebay.com/...c98b644&vxp=mtr

Edited by cagliostro13, 01 November 2013 - 15:20.

#56 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 15:26

mozhe, do pon chu znat svakako pa javim onda u pon navecher..za mjesto mi svejedno, mozhe i city centar east..

Sergei, you have built your own header, right? where did you get the measures? do you know something about those cheap ebay headers? are the any good? they are pretty cheap..

I advice you to find a safe and straight road without cops, hide your number plates so noone can recognize em on video to avoid possible penalties . And dont race and compete when its dark outside , its dangerous for you and ppl around. Always monitor your brakes temp and condition, CL9 brakes are really weak point even for stock engine and can stop you just once from 130-140 to zero , not twice in a row. When adrinaline pulsating in your head its easy to lose control over situation . So be wise ! And upgrade your brakes as soon as possible. Nice accelerating is a big pleasure , confident braking and deceleration is another big pleasure and also its much more important !

As about cheap Ebay headers. They are as good as their cost is )) Be mature and understand that you will drive as good as you paid for it. No exclusions for headers.

There are few headers that are recognized as best on the market. Its JDM Toda and Maxim works, and US ASP and Hytech. All of em has best of the best performance , top notch engineering design and quality and also crazy price. Japs prefer 4-2-1 design , US guys like 4-1 headers.

The cheap junk you see on ebay are poorly made replicas of Toda ( weapon-r header ) Hytech ( PLM header ) and DC sport ( Japspeed or Topspeed trash ) All of em use cheap thin seam type tubes that are buzzing vibrating and cracking, flex joints that leaks and burns , bad flanges that also cracks, harsh weldings inside and so on. Im not so good in english so its hard to explain and describe how really small nuances and details plays a big role in header design, building and performance. I used Toda design to do measurings and pick up the best materials to build my own. Im working on a big article with pics to show, compare and describe the difference between good and bad header. I still tuning manufacturing process and soon will be able to announce final version. Price for my baby will be rather accesible, about 650 USD with test pipe and defouler included.

something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/...c98b644&vxp=mtr

Its a copy of DC sport , DC gains are usually 10-12 hp , copy can make 7-9hp , good 4-2-1 usually can do about 18-20

#57 cagliostro13

cagliostro13

Boost Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 16:38

ok, so I will wait for your header :) since reflash is this good, I doubt that header will be anything worse than excellent :smile1: and intake..you have said that removing resonator box will do the trick..I have already K&N panel filter inside so, removing resonator + K&N will do the trick? you should make complete kit, intake mod + header + reflash and sell them together with tips and tricks how to get max gain from it..I'm sure that there would be market for something like that..

#58 dux_zg

dux_zg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Vozilo:Honda Accord 05' Type S + LPG

Posted 01 November 2013 - 16:49

daj pojasni "resonator box"?
Yeah, the mo' dedicated the mo' medicated Can you feel me?

#59 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 17:01

ok, so I will wait for your header :)
since reflash is this good, I doubt that header will be anything worse than excellent :smile1:
and intake..you have said that removing resonator box will do the trick..I have already K&N panel filter inside so, removing resonator + K&N will do the trick?
you should make complete kit, intake mod + header + reflash and sell them together with tips and tricks how to get max gain from it..I'm sure that there would be market for something like that..

I cant insist that my header is the best option for you or ayone else and you must buy only my stuff. Id like to rely on what ppl say bout my work rather than advertise myself. My mission is to explain how it must be done correctly, the tech how it works for ppl to understand what they and im doing, to do the best while accumulatind and applying the knowledge and experience, with quality and performance in mind on the first place and business on the second. First of all im enthusiast and Hondabro ))

Id like to say that WR header was the best bang for the buck option for the last 3 years , it offered 70-80% of Toda performance for the 25-30% of its original cost. And if it hasnt had those flaws with building and materials quality it had a chance to still be the king of te hill. Im tired of its poor quality, buzzing noise, cracked tubes and hissing joints and decided to do an ultimate header for the reasonable price. Lets see how it goes ))

Ive already made all bolt on kits for squeezing all the juices off that car . Will post few DIY soon , need to find a pics or create newer ones. Will have installation soon and will make pics and vids. Not all the ppl that rich to buy everything at once , so these steps can be mixed , reflash, then header , then other mods, or mods then header )) and so on. Ill keep your community posted and updated. Since 2008 ive burnt tons of time and funds finding good parts and their combinations, so i can provide pure knowledge and solutions that are 100% effective and working , without risking your investmets.

Edited by littlebo, 01 November 2013 - 17:04.

#60 littlebo

littlebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 17:25

daj pojasni "resonator box"?

Its a box in the intake tract , located before filter box under fender and intended to muffle the intake sound of the engine + as an additional barrier for water ( to protect engine from hydrolock when you dive in the deep pond ) Its has tricky construction inside , with a big difference in pipe sizes which make a turbulence and interferes air to smoothly let in .

Take a look at this vid , step 7 . I offer to do the same as on this vid but not for 1 grand as Mugen want but almost for free

This mod will also bring you the awesome pleasant Honda growl you can hear at 4:53. It will be silent as stock at light throttle ( up to 30-40% of pedal ) and cruising while roaring at WOT and screaming at VTEC. I dont need to blink asking for the road, im roaring as angry bear and most of the ppl jumps out of the left lane in panic LOL

As for me , this sound is much more pleasant and easy to control compared to obnoxious aftermarket catback noise you must listen to all the time and at any rpms having square head on the highway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users